Sunday 5 August 2012

GB Football Match in 2012 Olympic Games

Generally, I'm not particularly keen to watch sport competitions. But, like everybody else, because the Olympics is happening in London, I've been glued to the telly and searching online for the latest news. Last Saturday and again yesterday, I went to Cardiff to watch some Olympic football matches. Each match had different feel to it.
The first one was the women's competition group match between Brazil and New Zealand. Maybe because it wasn't Team GB, and there were fewer spectators, the atmosphere was more peaceful.
Next up was Team GB against Cameroon. More fans arrived for this match, and the atmosphere became suddenly more heated.
Although the female GB match was quite good (they won 3-0), the atmosphere in final match I saw was much stronger, the men's competition match between GB and South Korea. The stadium was completely full!
After playing for 120 minutes, it was Team GB 1-1 South Korea. The most exciting but cruel way to find the winner was with penalties. Unfortunately, GB just need more skill and practice (as usual). They failed to go through to the next round. However, I'm glad that I could participate in the Olympics and support Team GB. I'll cherish the experience!
轉讀中文

No comments:

Post a Comment